X Series Updates
The X Series software updates are for the XS/XY/XT machines.
The X Series system update is comprised of 2 system programs. Each system needs to be updated when there is updated versions. The most current software updates are below:
Current release updated 7/22/16:
Highlights of changes:
- Added MC#49 Function Mode - gives new SPO speed settings.
- Added MC#48 Trim Mode for additional trimmer options.
- Other various bug fixes.
- Added Light Curtain Function to restrict frame movement when activated.
- Added Mandatory Frame Trace function.
- Added Tie off stitch before trim parameter in MC.
- Added Frame limits to Cap Frame mode, and Frame outline file goes to "000:No Use" when Cap Frame mode is turned off.
- Added restriction to use USB and design edit keys in 'Drive mode'.
- Design display per head with Head Selection Function.
- Improved thumbnail view of designs in memory.
- Added easy 'one-touch' cap frame mode and shortcut function.
- Allows multiple frame outline folders on a USB memory stick and in Automat memory.
- Allows designs downloaded by DFS or LEM networking system to use the DSP (Digital Stitch Processing) function.
- Fixed bug when inserting color code in F-List.
- Added light curtain function to XT
• Added MK-7 test feature
• Added Help Files feature
• USB Design Search feature
• Key Count function
• Added “Re-Setting Origin” icon to list of Short-cuts
• Compatibility with Delta Networking system
• Added Key History function for troubleshooting
• Updated for New LEM Pro3 software V4.02.00
• FMP codes for applique pantograph positioning
• Change menu location for “Resetting Origin” icon
• Allows Operator to log in with Bar code scanner (LEM Pro)
• D16 Bobbin Break code activated for LEM Reports
NK620R00.zip V6.20 R00 for Operation System (Linux)
mcb_IPL620R00.zip V6.20 R00 for Control System (MCB)
This software is for Barudan "X" series machines. Specific model numbers include:
The first step is to check what system version your machine is currently running before proceeding.
Instructions for checking which version of X software you have:
- Press the Preference key. Preferences setting screen displays with various options.
- Press the G-key below the NEXT icon.
- Press the A-key below the VERSION icon. The following screen displays:
Operation System: Displays Operation Software Version
Control System: Displays the Control Software Version
Boot: Displays the Boot ROM Software Version
Power Frequency: Displays Power Input Frequency
- Press the A-key below the VERSION icon to go back to the Preference Setting screen.
Instructions for Downloading and Saving the Operation system file
- Download the Operation system zip file above to your computer's hard drive.
- Unzip the system software file.
- Copy this operation system file (*.xss) directly to the USB flash drive into the root directory.
Instructions for Downloading and Saving the Control system file
- Download the Control system zip file above and save on your computer's hard disk.
- Unzip the control system file.
- Create a new folder on the USB flash drive named SYSTEM.
- Copy Control system file (*.sys) into the SYSTEM folder you just created on the USB flash drive.
Instructions for Updating system files on X Series machine
- Turn the power OFF at the Automat.
- Insert the USB flash drive with the new system software on it.
- While the machine is OFF, press and hold the ORIGIN key and then Power ON.
- Hold the ORIGIN key until the automat makes an intermittent beeping sound, and the system update screen displays.
- Use the A-key below the LINUX icon to display the Operation System Update screen.
- Use the B-key below the MCB icon to display the Control System Update screen.
- Use the D-key below the Up Arrow icon or the E-key below the Down Arrow icon to select a System Software Version to update.
- After selecting the system software that you want to update, press and hold the G-key below the Enter/Execute icon to start the system software update.
- After the update completes, turn OFF the power and restart.
- After completing the software updates, turn the power OFF to exist the update menus.