K Series Updates
The K Series software updates below are for the KS/KY, and KT machines.
Current release updated 10/14/20:
Operation and Control System Software
Highlights of changes:
V4.40 R00 (Operation V4.40 R00 & Control V4.40 R00)
- Fixed F-List software bug in V4.30R00
- Improved MK8 Trimmer parameters
- Improved Blue screen error message
- Improved parameters for Count method tension assemblies
- Improved operations for Scroll lists
V4.30 R00 (Operation V4.30 R00 & Control V4.30 R00)
- Added Bluetooth to Network setup
- Improved saving Help files
- Added space list to trace screen like X-Series
- Added Confirmation screens for changing Frame outlines, One touch Cap, and One touch Clamp
- Added indicator for network Time Out mode when turned On
V4.20 R05 (Operation V4.20 R02 & Control V4.20 R05)
- Fixed CL01 bug where pressing stop, panto stops, but sews a few more stitches
- Fixed CL01 bug where machine is unable to run when D31 error occurs at start up
V4.20 R02 (Operation V4.20 R01 & Control V4.20 R02)
- Changed Fatal Error message to just Error plus code number (Please restart the machine)
- Fixed slider retry bug
V4.20 R00 (Operation V4.20 R00 & Control V4.20 R00)
- KT-1501CAII compatibility with new tension assembly
- Auto detection of Counter vs. Latch thread break and duct boards
- Fixed cancel Drive mode bug
- LEM bug fixes
V4.10 R01 (Operation V4.10 R01 & Control V4.10 R00)
- Fixed bugs that caused "ERROR :INTERNAL COM." errors
V4.10 R00 (Operation V4.10 R00 & Control V4.10 R00)
- KT Sequin compatibility
- Output/Input of Shortcuts with USB device
- Improved USB thumbprints
- Resume running after Slider retry function
- Fixed LEM event errors from K software V3.00R01
V4.00 R00 (Operation V4.00 R00 & Control V4.00 R00)
- Add Chenille feature to K-Series
- Added Signal tower feature to K-Series
- Automatic time correction when using LEM
- Added D31-1 error when MSU settings are wrong
- Change image of Enter Icon
- MK8 Stop positioning is more accurate
- MC2 #7 Lock stitch default set from 1 to 3
- WiFi settings abolished with this version
V3.00 R00 (Operation V3.00 R00 & Control V3.00 R00)
- First Version for KT Automat.
- Barcode read test.
- Head LED parameter for new tension assembly.
- KT Buzzer type and volume parameters.
- KT MK8 parameters and compatibility.
- Added Thread break parameters for new tension assembly.
- KT - Added Motor load rates test.
- KT- Added software icons for turning LED lights On/Off.
- Reboot message when power is turned On/Off too quickly.
V2.70 R00 (Operation V2.70 R00 & Control V2.60 R00)
- Changed cap mode frame limits.
- Changed network timeout icon.
- Changed COM tape code operation.
- Frame Outline check defaults to 1 (ON).
- Barcode commands can now use lower and upper case.
V2.60 R00 (Operation V2.60 R00 & Control V2.50 R00)
- Auto-Drive Cancel mode added.
- FMP (Frame Moving Point) shortcuts added.
- Can use Japanese names for Designs.
- Auto Design input added for R-N mode.
- Tie-off stitches before trimming for Color changes.
- Barcodes for Frame Outline Displays.
- Network Frame Change (Time-Out) messages.
- Bug fix for LEM Server Report for D12 Slider errors.
V2.50 R00 (Operation V2.50 R00 & Control V2.40 R00)
- Added Matrix layout by design origin option.
- Previous and Next Name Icons for Name Drop mode, added to Float and Shortcut menus.
- Float exit menu improved.
- Beeping indicator for Name Drop mode was added.
- QWERTY keypad layout option added for character input.
- Fixed issue with margin outline not centered in Frame outline limits.
- Auto Pick up functon.
- Trim Settings per needle bar.
- 0st Status Return function.
- R-N (Restricted Network) mode.
- Sub Soft limit frame offsets.
V2.30 R01 (Operation V2.30 R01 & Control V2.20 R00)
- Designs can be saved on the USB root.
- New Icon Display for the Security Timer.
- Head Selection Change. P01=Head 1 Only, P02=Head 2 Only, etc.
- Easy Operation Mode.
- Frame Outline Display Limits.
- Direct Operations for Shortcuts.
- Slider Retry.
- Design Write-Protect.
- Cap Mode Icon Change.
- Serious bug fix for internal memory.
- Added Home button.
- Added F Pattern function.
- Added more display options for Utility area.
- Can make Memos for Utility area.
- General and network bug fixes.
- Fixed issue with blue screen error.
- Fixed issue with cap mode needing to be selected twice.
- Added mandatory trace feature.
- Added tie-offs before trims to MC2 #07 Lock stitch settings.
- Fixed network subnet mask issue.
- Added function for outputting and saving MC/MSU parameters.
- Multiple languages has been expanded from 2 to 4.
- Maximum speed setting was added to MC2.
- Added shortcut function for changing "All Functions".
NK440R00.zip V4.40 R00 System File for Operation V4.40 R00 and Control V4.40 R00
This software is for Barudan "K" series machines. Specific model numbers include:
The first step is to check what system version your machine is currently running before proceeding.
Instructions for checking which version of K software you have:
- Press the Settings icon on the main screen. Settings menu icons display with various options.
- Press the Version icon and the following screen displays:Operation System (OS): Displays Operation Software Version
Control System (CS): Displays the Control Software VersionLinux: Displays Linux VersionCS-Boot: Displays the Boot ROM Software VersionPower Frequency: Displays Power Input Frequency
Instructions for Downloading and Saving the System file
- Download the System zip file above to your computer's hard drive.
- Unzip the system software file.
- Copy this system file (*.KSC) directly to the USB flash drive into the root directory.
Instructions for Updating System files
- Turn the power OFF at the Automat.
- Insert the USB flash drive with the new system software on it.
- While the machine is OFF, press and hold the ORIGIN key and then Power ON.
- Hold the ORIGIN key until the automat makes an intermittent beeping sound, and the system update screen displays.
- Make sure the OS/CS icon above "A" is Grey to display the Operation and Control System Update screen.
- Select a .KSC System Software Version to update, if there are multiple files.
- Press and hold the Enter/Execute icon above "J" to start the system software update.
- After the update completes, turn OFF the power and restart.
- After completing the software updates, turn the power OFF to exist the update menus.