X Series Updates
The X Series software updates are for the XS/XY/XT machines.
The X Series system update is comprised of 2 system programs. Each system needs to be updated when there is updated versions. The most current software updates are below:
Current release updated 10/20/22:
Highlights of changes:
- Sequin TSL/TSR code auto convert function
- Improved Automending on XT model
- Fatal stop message changed to “Please restart machine”
- Fixed thread break log for BNET
- Fixed LEM DHCP function, data issues, and other various functions
- Slider retry bug fix
- LEM bug fixes
- Official release software for Light tower function
- Improved incorrect USB thumbnail images
- Improves CB3 N00 errors at power up
- Frame Outline Display Limits
- Changed Cap Mode Frame Limits
- Changed Network Time-Out Icon
- Changed COM Tape Code operation
- New Head Selection mode. P01 = Head #1 only, P02 = Head #2 only etc.
- Beeping Indicator for Name Drop mode was added
- FMP (Frame Moving Point) shortcut added
- LEM Direct Download opens with blank input name
- Tie-off before color change is added
- Fixed issues with D22 trimmer errors on XTs
- Fixed issue with D12 slider errors in LEM Pro reports
- R-N Auto Cancel Drive Function
- Matrix layout by design origin
- Barcode for Frame Outline Display
- Frame Change Mode (Time-Out) message
- Frame Outline margin display fix
- Improvements for CBIII machines
- Function Pattern Operations (FPAT)
- Head Selection and Head Manual Switch Indicators
- RN and RM Network Modes where designs cannot be downloaded while in Drive Mode
- Offsets for sub soft limits
- Added Quick Clamp Frame feature for the XT
- Added new Quick Cap Mode icon
- Added Slider Retry function
- Fixed various other bugs
- Added Needle Drop function to Applique
- Added DNS setting in Network setup
- Fixed various other bugs
- Added MC#49 Function Mode - gives new SPO speed settings
- Added MC#48 Trim Mode for additional trimmer options
- Other various bug fixes
- Added Light Curtain Function to restrict frame movement when activated
- Added Mandatory Frame Trace function
- Added Tie off stitch before trim parameter in MC
- Added Frame limits to Cap Frame mode, and Frame outline file goes to "000:No Use" when Cap Frame mode is turned off
- Added restriction to use USB and design edit keys in 'Drive mode'
- Design display per head with Head Selection Function
- Improved thumbnail view of designs in memory
- Added easy 'one-touch' cap frame mode and shortcut function.
- Allows multiple frame outline folders on a USB memory stick and in Automat memory.
- Allows designs downloaded by DFS or LEM networking system to use the DSP (Digital Stitch Processing) function.
- Fixed bug when inserting color code in F-List
- Added light curtain function to XT
• Added MK-7 test feature
• Added Help Files feature
• USB Design Search feature
• Key Count function
• Added “Re-Setting Origin” icon to list of Short-cuts
• Compatibility with Delta Networking system
• Added Key History function for troubleshooting
• Updated for New LEM Pro3 software V4.02.00
• FMP codes for applique pantograph positioning
• Change menu location for “Resetting Origin” icon
• Allows Operator to log in with Bar code scanner (LEM Pro)
• D16 Bobbin Break code activated for LEM Reports
NK720R00.zip V7.20 R00 for Operation System (Linux)
mcb_IPL720R00.zip V7.20 R00 for Control System (MCB)
This software is for Barudan "X" series machines. Specific model numbers include:
The first step is to check what system version your machine is currently running before proceeding.
Instructions for checking which version of X software you have:
- Press the Preference key. Preferences setting screen displays with various options.
- Press the G-key below the NEXT icon.
- Press the A-key below the VERSION icon. The following screen displays:Operation System: Displays Operation Software Version
Control System: Displays the Control Software Version
Boot: Displays the Boot ROM Software Version
Power Frequency: Displays Power Input Frequency
- Press the A-key below the VERSION icon to go back to the Preference Setting screen.
Instructions for Downloading and Saving the Operation system file
- Download the Operation system zip file above to your computer's hard drive.
- Unzip the system software file.
- Copy this operation system file (*.xss) directly to the USB flash drive into the root directory.
Instructions for Downloading and Saving the Control system file
- Download the Control system zip file above and save on your computer's hard disk.
- Unzip the control system file.
- Create a new folder on the USB flash drive named SYSTEM.
- Copy Control system file (*.sys) into the SYSTEM folder you just created on the USB flash drive.
Instructions for Updating system files on X Series machine
- Turn the power OFF at the Automat.
- Insert the USB flash drive with the new system software on it.
- While the machine is OFF, press and hold the ORIGIN key and then Power ON.
- Hold the ORIGIN key until the automat makes an intermittent beeping sound, and the system update screen displays.
- Use the A-key below the LINUX icon to display the Operation System Update screen.
- Use the B-key below the MCB icon to display the Control System Update screen.
- Use the D-key below the Up Arrow icon or the E-key below the Down Arrow icon to select a System Software Version to update.
- After selecting the system software that you want to update, press and hold the G-key below the Enter/Execute icon to start the system software update.
- After the update completes, turn OFF the power and restart.
- After completing the software updates, turn the power OFF to exist the update menus.